Richard Wehling is an orthopedic physician assistant who works closely with Dr. Douglas Prevost. Together, they offer comprehensive, patient-centered care, and it is their goal to help patients achieve the best possible outcome through patient education, exercise, and medical interventions, when necessary. He joined Anchorage Fracture & Orthopedic Clinic in 2018.
After receiving his undergraduate degree in clinical health sciences from the University of Washington School of Medicine MEDEX Northwest in Seattle, Washington, Richard completed his master of physician assistant studies at the University of Nebraska Omaha in Omaha, Nebraska.
Richard is board-certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. When not seeing patients, he enjoys traveling and outdoor activities, such as hiking, scuba diving, and snowboarding. Richard also dedicates time giving back to his community and to medical research, especially the effects of high altitudes and northern latitudes exposures.
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies, University of Nebraska Omaha, Omaha, NE
- Bachelor of Clinical Health Sciences, University of Washington School of Medicine MEDEX Northwest, Seattle, WA
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Alaska Academy of Physician Assistants
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Society for Circumpolar Health
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- The Military Order of the Purple Heart
- U.S. Army Ranger Association
- Veterans of Foreign Wars