Dr. Kurt Mentzer joined Anchorage Fracture and Orthopedic Clinic in 2014. After graduating from medical school at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia, Dr. Mentzer went on to complete both a general surgery internship and orthopedic surgery residency at the Wilford Hall Air Force Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas.
He received advanced fellowship training in total upper extremity care at the Hand Center of San Antonio, University of Texas San Antonio Health Science Center, and Texas Scottish Rite Children's Hospital in Dallas, Texas. As a fellowship-trained hand surgeon, he specializes in the shoulder, elbow, hand, and complex microvascular reconstruction.
- Shoulder, Elbow, Hand, and Complex Microvascular Reconstruction
- Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- Wilford Hall Air Force Medical Center, San Antonio, TX
- Hand Center of San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- University of Texas San Antonio Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX
- Texas Scottish Rite Children's Hospital, Dallas, TX
Alaska Orthopaedic Society
Alaska State Medical Society
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons