A native of Cresson, Pennsylvania, Dr. Gene Falkowski joined Anchorage Fracture & Orthopedic Clinic in 2018 after completing an orthopedic spine surgery fellowship at the University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville, Virginia. He received his medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He also completed his orthopedic surgery residency in Pennsylvania through the UPMC PinnacleHealth Hospital System before pursuing further specialization in spine surgery through his fellowship.
Dr. Falkowski’s primary interest is in back and nerve pain related to spinal injuries and conditions. He uses an evidence-based, minimally invasive surgical approach to limit postoperative pain and provide a faster return to normal activity for his patients. The ability to give his patients back some part of their lives through surgery or nonsurgical treatments gives Dr. Falkowski a great sense of satisfaction.
As an undergraduate, Dr. Falkowski was a member of the men’s rugby team at Juniata College in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, and he continues to value staying active today. When he isn’t seeing patients, he enjoys mountain biking, hiking, hunting, kayaking, and skiing. Dr. Falkowski’s general interests include exercise, health and wellness, travel, and construction.
- Cervical Discectomy, Decompression, Fusion, and Disc Replacement
- Lumbar Fusion
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic-Assisted Spine Surgery
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Fusion
- Scoliosis and Deformity Correction Surgery
- Spinal Trauma
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, UPMC PinnacleHealth Hospital System, Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, and Huntingdon, PA
- Orthopedic Spine Surgery, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- North American Spine Society
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics